I had the opportunity to talk with Silicon Prairie News about Docker and some of the key benefits it offers. They interviewed me ahead of the Heartland Developer Conference (HDC) event where I’ll be giving a keynote titled “Docker Containers: What Every Developer Should Know”. The questions they asked in the interview included:
- How long have you been working with Docker?
- Can you briefly explain Docker for developers and readers who may not have a current understanding of what it does?
- Do you think this is something that all developers should at least be educating themselves on even if they don’t use it on a day-to-day basis?
- Would everyone on a development team have to be educated on Docker or can individual team members learn it and specialize in it.
- Docker is designed to increase reliability and minimize problems during the development phase, but what other benefits are there to developers?
- What systems do Docker containers run on?
- Are there any resources for someone to get a basic understanding of Docker before HDC (Heartland Developers Conference)?
You can read the full Silicon Prairie News interview at http://siliconprairienews.com/2017/07/qa-hdc-keynote-speaker-docker-captain-dan-wahlin.